A measurement procedure is reported for the power density, internal current density and plasma voltage along the flow direction of a discharge section of a fast-axial-flow CO2 laser. The rf discharge has a rectangular cross section and a narrow electrode gap for operation at high pressure. Both cw and time resolved pulsed measurements have been made. © 1998 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Excited gas laser
- Fast axial-flow carbon dioxide laser
- Fast gas flow laser
- Radio-frequency discharge
- Radio-frequency discharge current density
- Radio-frequency discharge voltage
- Radio-frequency gas discharge diagnostics