Activities per year
Accepting PhD Students
I am interested in understanding how what we see affects our behaviour and also in supporting the development of artificial systems through this understanding of human perception.
• Can our ability to discriminate images be an indicator of health and wellbeing (e.g., effect of mental health on ability to recognise emotions in faces)?
• How does our ability to recognise emotion affect our emotional intelligence and what are the implications for the workplace (e.g., leadership, staff morale)?
• Can we train a computer algorithm or robot to recognise emotions from faces as well as a person?
I am also interested in how sensory and motor systems interact.
• Does performance on a visual motion discrimination task predict walking characteristics in people with movement disorders (e.g., Parkinson’s disease)?
• How is the integration of sensory information (e.g., sounds and images) organised and is the organisation affected by health and wellbeing (e.g., autism, schizophrenia or eating disorders)?
Research activity per year